Sunday, July 22, 2012

Our Tia

Sometimes you get really, really lucky in life, and you find that some really special people have walked in and taken a space that you didn't even know needed to be filled.  Our Aunt Tia is just such a person.  She is such an important individual to all of us,  we don't know what we would do without her.  Tia is like your best friend, your favorite auntie, your mom, and your therapist all wrapped in to one person.  She's a shoulder to cry on, a voice of reason when you need it, and just about the sweetest person I know.





We call her Aunt Tia, but a more accurate description might be Mom.  Or Gramma Tia.  Our girls love spending time with her, especially if they get to sleep over and have some of Tia's special pancakes, which I have on good authority are the Best Pancakes Ever.




When I'm feeling sad, the best person to call is Tia.  And when I'm feeling happy, the best person to call is Tia.  Funny how that works.


 Tia has been there for most all the memorable moments in my life since the day I met her.  She knew that Mikey was going to ask me to marry him before I did.  She was there in Maui.  She was there to talk me off a ledge when I screwed up.  She is always there, like the friend you always hoped you'd have.


She's been there for Mikey since he was a kid.  She's been there for Chloe since the day she hatched.  She's been there for Kirsten since they met.  Tia was indescribably helpful in Kirsten's transition to a new school.  We were even so fortunate to have Tia actually in Kirsten's class this last year.


In addition to being Aunt Tia to us, she's also got two adorable grand-doggies.  ;)  This one is Scrumpy when she was still just a pup.





We have her over for dinner as often as we possibly can.  In fact, Tia pretty much has an open invitation to our house, always.  She doesn't need to knock.


I really can't say what we'd do without her.  And I don't have the words to describe how important she is to our family.  We love our Tia.

1 comment:

  1. And I love you more than words can ever say!!!!! Bawling here. You are my heart and my soul in so many ways! Thank you for being in my life!

    ReplyDelete